Thursday, 27 November 2008

Thursday Crit

READ:

Relational Aesthetics - Nicholas Bourriard
Francis A. Yates, The Art of Memory (Chicago: The University of Chicago Press, 1966)
Francis A. Yates, Theatre of the World (Chicago: The University of Chicago Press, 1969)

Guilio Camillo's Memory Theatre

Doreen Massey - Collapsing distances between spaces - Interview

ARTISTS:
Tony Oursler
William Blake
Susan Hiller - interesting interview with her at Tate.
Tim Noble & Sue Webster

GENERAL GIST:
Dreams are only the starting point and now I've done the initial objective of getting the process of dream to object its obviously not enough just to make some objects - miniature or not from the dreams. Need to take this forward:
What am I saying? Why are my dreams interesting to others? - Bengal tigers in Scottish zoo quote from Charles Avery - just pointers? archaeological finds/evidence brought back as proof of that reality. Is this a commentary about realities?
Got to get across my wonder about objects/structures/cities that are not real only imagined. exciting. (Paul Tebbs - problem with the word wonder). I need to do some brainstorms/words for the title - interesting first time I have thought about titles being an important part of the work.
So, what am I interested in saying? Think I know it has to do with science, is reality real? Hold that thought.....

No comments: