Wednesday, 10 December 2008

Simone ten Hompel



Link to her profile at London Met

3D lecture this week by Simone ten Hompel. Very interesting and struck me as so craft based and having just been in the Mark Titchner lecture. To be honest it was difficult for me to engage with her as I felt so strongly that I agreed with the way Mark thought about his work to go straight into another lecture much more about love of materials did not inspire me - although I understand her passion for metal and her work certainly has plenty of intellectual content.

After lunch we had a group tutorial with her which was very challenging for all of us and really, probably just what we needed - i.e. need to be working much harder and sort out my proposal so my research question is absolutely clear and not just a vague ambiguous subject area.

No comments: