Friday, 16 January 2009

Janet Cardiff & George Bures Miller

Went to Oxford on the train to see this exhibition before it finishes on Sunday. As I expected it was brilliant - loved it. I think the work that affected me the most was The Muriel Lake Incident (1999). Which is this booth with a miniature cinema inside. You watch the film and also listen to the people around you in the cinema - recorded using a biaural system so its really surround sound - at the end there is gunshots and panic in the cinema and your mind is telling you its really happening around you - very clever.

Also loved Opera for a Small Room (2005)

This one - Telephone/Time (2004) wasn't in the exhibition but I found it on their website, wish I could have seen it!

Their excellent website

Reminded me of Psycho Buildings.

No comments: