Thursday, 5 February 2009

10 Images


Francesca Woodman

'Invented Memory' by Cyrus Karimipour

Picture from Telegraph magazine article

Porcelain Sculpture by Harumi Nakashima. 50 x 45 x 40 cm.

Heather & Ivan Morison

'Empire of Light, 1954 by Rene Magritte

Finnish photographer Ea Vasko

Chiharu Shiota

Seth Price/Kelley Walker at Modern Art Oxford
This was the post I was looking for to show Maiko - the 3d representations with limited viewing points. These are the images that I presented that I have found that express aspects of my ideas, as a visual communication tool. As was pointed out - most if not all are 2d and I need to think how I can get across these ethereal etc QUALITIES in 3d sculptures which are very solid and you know - THERE, permanent. Restricted or manipulated viewpoints could be an option or ways to hide/reveal things, look hard and you might see something else/more. Optical illusion - tacky?

No comments: