Sunday, 15 November 2009

Robert Kusmirowski - Bunker

The Curve webcam is down for maintenance. Please check back later.

Really reminded me of JC & GBM installations but the absence of any sound felt me feeling that it was lacking in atmospheric content. From blurb:
'Though illusion is a central tenet of his practice, Kusmirowski confounds notions of the past and present, complicating ideas of time and place and questioning reality and artifice. By digging up the ghosts of the recent past he forces the viewer to reflect upon the present.' = didn't I just say that in my research paper!

'[S]uperrealism is more than a tricking of the eye. It is a subterfuge against the real, an art pledged not only to pacify the real but to seal it behind surfaces, to embalm it in appearances.' Hal Foster, The Return of the Real

Posted via web from Julia's posterous

My Photos:

Half Life bunker stylee

No comments: