Friday, 5 February 2010

The Fleet

This one is much smaller than the large one, I wanted to have a little herd of them following the big one, and the legs on the large one turned out to be quite static, mainly due to the weight of the hull.

So I wanted the smaller ones to be more playful, with more impulsion. But this one doesn't stand up...its a learning curve. and the sail is rubbish, but this is just an experiment anyway, because I expect it to bend under the weight of the sail so I can always snap it off easily after the bisque firing and make the mast/sails separately, like the mother ship.
This one is the best so far, because the legs are really galloping and the sail billowing out behind, again, oh actually the mast came off before I put it in the kiln so its firing separately already.

No comments: